Sunday, July 12, 2009

Some new stuff...

DECK UPDATE: We have finished the deck, other then some staining, here are some recent pics.




Summer construction season is in full swing, and since I get to spend some overtime inspecting the construction of a retaining wall I designed, I'm finding a little extra money in my paychecks. Why save it when I can use it to make my home just a little more comfortable, especially considering building supplies took a slight dip recently. So, enjoy pictures of our new 200 sq ft of home space. As an extra bonus, it's less lawn I have to mow!



Dad & Levi got it started 4th of July weekend. I had to work, but by the time I got home, they had the base all squared up and I got to help with the decking. They stuck around long enough to finish the decking, but then had to take off and let me screw it down myself. Who isn't busy this summer? Dad came back and we got the stairway up and he showed me how to do the railing. It took me a week to get it all up, and it will probably take me at least two weeks to take it down and do it right (ha ha), but it looks great, the girls love it, even Polly loves it! It was time well spent.

No comments: