Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Showers in Spokane...

And it's hot in Topeka! Gas prices are low enough that it made sense for us to take a long weekend trip back to Topeka near the end of August. We got to see friends we haven't seen in over 2 years and visit some old haunts.

We visited Dawnetta, the girl's daycare provider down there. Dawnetta took such great care of the kids, leaving her was one of the harder parts of moving, so it was great to see her again.

I also got to spend some time talking to my old coworkers in KDOT Bridge Design. I think it took me two hours to talk to 3 people. I could have spent the entire vacation just catching up with people up there, and it was really disappointing not saying hi to everyone. So, hi everyone!

We really had a great time with everyone we did get to visit. Karen and Perry brought Annika and Natalie to the hotel so we could all swim for a few hours, and we got to go out to their house the next day. It was great seeing the kids playing together. We also met Matt, Hannah and Jake at Gage Park. We had planned on going to the zoo, but we were already running behind, so we just rode the train and the carousel, and let the kids wander around the playground for a while. The girls had a great time playing at Matt & Kay's during Hannah's birthday. Erin got to go out with her friend Heather Saturday night, and the next morning we were back on our way home. The weekend went by too fast.



I know the title for this post will seem weird for most people. The really weird thing was that it wasn't hot in Topeka at the end of August. In any case, here's where I got the title from:

No comments: