Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Grace's Dictionary

Grace's Dictionary



"no" - an interesting noise parents make; roughly translated, it means "stop doing that until my back is turned"



"come back here" - another interesting noise parents make, safely ignored; roughly translated, it means "move faster away from mommy and daddy"



"pumpkin", "honey" - names mommy and daddy call me so they can use my real name when I'm in real trouble.



"be nice to the puppy" - a command to begin shrieking loudly and slapping wildly at my moving barking toy



"be nice to mommy" - a command to beat mommy harshly about the face and giggle maniacly



"give me kisses" - "bite my nose while drooling on me"



"daycare" - where I go to sleep during the day so I'm well rested for play time with mommy and daddy late at night



"don't eat that!" - something said before eating floor food, dog food or something out of the garbage; similar to bon apetit



"bed time" - a make-believe target time for me to stop moving; a reference time that I need to stay up past as long as possible

No comments: