Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Summer's Here

After three snow storms in the month of April…summer is finally here….or at least warmer spring weather has finally arrived.

This is the weather that I both love and hate, as I never know how to dress the girls for the day. Yesterday I went back and forth and finally decided on capri’s &
t-shirts with sweaters for their attire….and it ended up being 77 degrees out. Today I put Sarah in a skirt and Grace in a dress (as you can see in the photo) and it’s only 58 out, hopefully they’re warm enough today.

Yesterday when I picked up Grace she gave me my Mother’s Day gift, a hand painted flower pot with a plant growing inside. As we were walking out to the car she tried to pull the plant out of the pot. I told her no and said were going to take it home and watch it grow. Sadly, I lied to her, I can not grow plants. A little secret Sarah will soon figure out and share with Grace. Just like my mother, I was born without green thumbs.

When we got to the car Sarah asked me what the plant was for, when I told her she replied by saying “That’s just from Grace, daddy is buying you flowers, but I made you things that I can’t bring home yet. Do you want to know what I made you?” When I told her no I wanted it to be a surprise; she proceeded to rattle off a list of things she made for me. I’m not sure if she made them all as some were pretty odd, so I guess I will still be surprised!


Take care, Erin



No comments: