Friday, July 18, 2008

I M A Nerd. Pass it on...

Erin has been posting a lot of family stuff, and I don't want to distract from it, but it is past time I plug a website that I spend a lot of time on, ComicBookRealm.com.

















For those who don't know, I'm a bit of a comic book nerd. I know, hold your shocked gasps. I was a casual fan, but mass quantities of comics keep falling in my lap and CBR (formerly mycomicpile.com) helps me keep track of what I have and what it might be worth. I've been a member for over 2 years now, and I've been a mod for probably half that time, so I have a minor vested interest in getting more traffic on the site. It makes me look important to the rest of the members! Dough Boy, the founder of the feast, updated the site from strictly collector-oriented to a collecting/ social networking site. He's got that vision thing in spades, I tell ya. And it's all FREE! Dough Boy lives in Kansas City and goes to a comic shop next to the school where I got my Master's degree. I really should have taken the time to meet him in person while I was there. Oh well...

So, if you're at all curious, visit my profile and oggle the oodles of neat stuff I've added to it. I'm learning some basic HTML formatting, like my Youtubery block, and I'm really jazzed about it. I've got some blogs there, stuff too nerdy for the family blog, some pics of the girls and other neat stuff. If you know of anyone who collects, hook them up! They will thank you once they've checked it out. I already set up a profile for Levi when he gets on the internet (Brother I, a clever comic book reference if I do say so myself, and I do say so myself), and it will be one of the first websites I let Sarah visit ;)

No comments: